Based in Napa, On The Move (OTM) was founded in 2004 with a mission to develop and sustain young people as leaders by building exceptional programs that challenge inequities in their communities. Working for over 12 years to expand throughout the Bay Area, OTM has implemented programs and initiatives that develop the next generations of community leaders who reflect the diversity of the communities in which they live and work. In partnership with local communities OTM has explored innovative approaches to closing the achievement gap for children of color, transforming outcomes for former foster youth, promoting health and wellness across communities, and building strong, engaged families.
Since its founding, OTM has demonstrated its ability to manage multiple government contracts and private grants in support of a variety of projects that require strong execution capabilities. OTM has successfully implemented 79 different contracts with school systems, county governments, and state departments, totaling $6.9 million in public funding, as well as $13.8 million in grant funding from 57 different private foundations.
For over a decade On The Move has created and implemented innovative programming that challenges communities and local leaders to push beyond mediocrity and into excellence. Supported by a track record of results-oriented programming and in partnership with the hundreds of established community partners, OTM works to unite communities and focus on the safety and inclusion of all people.
OTM is guided by the following core values:
1. Integrity: We work to develop processes, values and standards in pursuit of social equity in every community; we expect that all OTM staff operate by these same processes, values and standards across all programs and services.
2. Inclusion: We intentionally create and embrace environments that are inclusive and equitable.
3. Experiential Learning: We take risks, learn together, reflect on experiences and grow from failure.
4. Shared Leadership: As we create new opportunities together, we share power and decision-making in addition to responsibility.
5. Relationship: In order to do great work in the world, we must be known and know others. Healthy and authentic relationships create shared purpose.
6. Impact: We intentionally focus our efforts on actions that make a difference.